In Packaging industries, the PET bottles are a prominent means of packaging for different products. These bottles are considered to be providing the best safety to the products.
In Packaging industries, the PET bottles are a prominent means of packaging for different products. These bottles are considered to be providing the best safety to the products. One of the major factors that affect the quality and safety of the products is the secure sealing of the bottles. The bottles are sealed in many different manners such as threaded caps, crowns, etc. The sealing of the bottles must be efficient enough to prevent the leakage of the products from the packaging. To ensure that the products are safe in the bottles, there is an instrument called secure seal tester used which helps in testing the security of the sealing done in a bottle.
In the secure seal tester, the threaded part of the bottles is cut along with the seal and this seal is placed in the test fixture of the instrument. This fixture is then connected to an air pressure connection. Now this arrangement is immersed in the water in the test chamber. When the air pressure is released, it gives the analysis of the efficiency of the sealing of the bottle. If there are air bubbles formed in the water, then it means that there is leakage in the sealing, and it should be discarded.
Highlights of Presto’s Secure Seal Tester
- The instrument is designed to provide highly precise test readings.
- Made from very high-quality materials and is best for rigorous industrial testing environments.
- The instrument is available in two different models that are Secure Seal Tester digital model and Secure Seal Tester Touchscreen model with computer interface.
Technical specifications of Presto’s Secure Seal Tester
- The working gases that are used in the instrument include nitrogen, air, and carbon dioxide.
- The instrument works on a pressure of 175 psi.
- The materials that are used in the fabrication of the instrument include high-grade plastic, anodized aluminum and high-grade stainless steel.
- The instrument is designed in such way that it can be used for testing the bottles of 28 and 38 mm diameter.
When the PET bottles are tested for their security of seals, it becomes very easy for the manufacturers to ensure that the bottles they are delivering to the customers will be able to provide the best safety to their products and ensure the products reach the consumers at their best state.
The Presto’s secure seal tester allows the users to test their specimen with great ease, and the instrument can easily work on the standard air pressure connection.