Scuffing is a phenomenon that is faced by the paper and printed materials extensively. The main cause of scuffing is rubbing of two similar surfaces against each other.
Scuffing is a phenomenon that is faced by the paper and printed materials extensively. The main cause of scuffing is rubbing of two similar surfaces against each other. Due to scuffing, the defacing of the surface is caused along with abrasion. This is a major problem for the manufacturers of packaging material as the packaging materials have to be printed, and they face a lot of scuffing during transportation and storage. This is why the manufacturers must test the scuff resistance that is offered by the packaging materials so that they could ensure best safety and efficiency of the packaging. The scuff tester is a major testing instrument that is used in the industries for testing the scuff resistance offered by the packaging materials.
The scuff resistance tester instrument uses rotational motion to rub two pieces of specimen against each other with additional weight on them. This causes scuffing in both the specimen. Once the test cycle is completed, the specimens are taken for evaluation of the extent of scuffing faced by them.
Highlights of Presto’s Scuff Tester
- Ideal for use in Packaging industries for testing the scuffing of printed materials.
- Highly reliable and accurate test results offered.
- Low maintenance is required for the instrument.
- Automatic buzzer provided with the instrument.
Technical Features of Presto’s Scuff Tester
- The size of the samples tested on the instrument is 2 inches and 4.5 inches.
- The additional weight of 2 psi is applied to the test specimen.
- There is a digital preset timer provided with the machine.
- The machine operates on an electrical supply of 220 volts, 50 Hz.
With the help of scuff testing instrument, the manufacturers of packaging materials can ensure that the materials they are providing to the customers are of best quality and will be able to provide the best appearance to the products.